Through acquisitions and new openings, Valvoline expanded its presence in the quick lube market across the US and Canada by 39 stores from October through November 2018. A large part of this growth is due to the completion of the previously announced acquisition of Oil Changers in Canada, followed by a fairly consistent stream of new store openings.
The latest openings include:
- October 5 – New VIOC from acquired quick lube location in Rochelle Park, New Jersey, by franchisee Galena Companies
- October 8 – New company-owned VIOC in Greenwood, Indiana
- October 9 – New VIOC in Menifee, California, by franchisee Henley Companies
- October 31 – Acquisition of 31 Oil Changers in Canada, to be rebranded as Great Canadian Oil Change
- November 6 – New company-owned VIOC in League City, Texas
- November 7 – New company-owned VIOC in Hampton, Virginia
- November 13 – New VIOC in Alsip, Illinois, by franchisee Ivy Lane Corporation
- November 14 – New company-owned VIOC in Virginia Beach, Virginia
- November 15 – New VIOC in New Orleans, Louisiana, by franchisee Henley Gulf Coast LLC
A core element of Valvoline’s strategy is to accelerate the growth of its industry-leading quick-lube model, which is all about delivering a quick, easy and trusted experience for every customer, every day.