Houston area residents are invited out to different Take 5 Oil Change locations each week during the month of March to participate in Take 5 Food Truck Fridays.
Take 5 Oil Change started the month with nine locations in the Houston area and will have 25 by the end of March. According to The Houston Chronicle, Take 5 Oil Change President Gabe Mendoza said the company decided to incorporate some of the area’s great food trucks into the events because they showcase the variety of options the Houston food scene provides. “Houston is known for its culinary diversity, and what better way to celebrate our openings than with a treat of our best food trucks?” he said.
According to the listing on Eventbrite, the Take 5 Food Truck Fridays allow area residents to take part in free food from the region’s top food trucks every Friday in March from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. In addition to the food, there will be prizes, including free oil changes. On March 30, the Pasadena location will feature a special appearance by Vince Wilfork, former NFL lineman for the Houston Texans.
The food truck vendors include:
On Friday, March 2:
• Mr. Sizzles (1823 Richmond Ave. Houston, TX 77098)
• The Waffle Bus (1405 FM1092 Rd. Missouri City, TX 77459)
On Friday, March 9:
• Cousins Maine Lobster (8434 Spring Cypress Rd. Spring, TX 77379)
• Pho-jita Fusion (7934 Westview. Houston, TX 77055)
On Friday, March 16:
• Kurbside Eatz (2413 W Holcombe Blvd. Houston, TX 77030)
On Friday, March 23:
• Cousins Maine Lobster (9650 Hwy 6. Missouri City, TX 77459)
On Friday, March 30:
• The Waffle Bus (6435 Fairmont Parkway. Pasadena, TX 77505)
• YoYo’s Hotdog (505 Durham Dr. Houston, TX 77007)
If Facebook is a part of your daily life, you can receive a friendly reminder before the events by responding on Take 5 Oil Change’s Facebook event page.