National Oil & Lube News is the fast lube and quick maintenance industry’s oldest and largest trade publication. Started in 1986 by Steve Hurt (a former fast lube owner) and David Arrington, NOLN has grown and evolved right alongside the industry. Here at NOLN, our aim is to help fast lube and quick maintenance operators with every facet of their business, from operations to technical issues. We provide everything from technical tips, recall announcements and service guides to articles on handling customer complaints, building your brand and making your business the best it can be, all available through our monthly publication and here on noln.net. With tips and advice from experts both inside and outside the industry, you’re sure to learn something that can help your fast lube business grow and prosper.
Annual features found nowhere else include:
- Fast Lube Start-Up Plans Guide – a comprehensive listing of every fast lube startup plan (both franchised and licensed) available in the industry.
- TOPS in the Industry Ranking – a complete list of every fast lube chain (six or more stores) in the industry. This study also tracks the growth and decline of major chains, too, giving those interested a better understanding of the industry’s overall movement.
- Additives Listing – a list of the major chemical additives and cleaners available to fast lube operators.
- Specialty Motor Oil Listing – a list of the major specialty or “niche” motor oil products available to fast lube operators.
- Fast Lube Operators Survey and Oil Change Plus Survey – the industry’s most in-depth study, a comprehensive statistical examination of the operating data from the average fast lube, including historical data for trend analysis. For anyone wanting dollar figures and percentages, this is the place to start.
- Best Looking Lube Contest – a unique industry award in which a NOLN editorial panel selects the “best looking lube” from dozens of entries.
- Operator of the Year – one of the industry’s most prestigious awards; we bestow this honor to an operator who has shown not only operational success and savvy, but also one who has given back to both community and the industry.
Additionally, NOLN also includes regular features such as:
- Program Spotlight – a profile of a different lube facility.
- After Hours – a look at an interesting hobby or side business operated by an industry participant.
- TechSpec – service information on a new vehicle.
- Tech Tips – tips from an industry veteran on a wide variety of technical subjects.
- Viewpoints – advice from industry experts on a variety of operational issues.
Plus much, much more. If you’re looking for information about the fast lube business, you’ve come to the right place. Here at National Oil & Lube News, we are THE industry experts.